Take a few time and protect yourself from fraud online.
Here’s the Ten Commandments of Online Shopping.
- Do not shop while you are using public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Do not save your credit card information for any website.
- Don’t let your browser save passwords for different sites.
- Use a credit card, not your debit card for your online purchases.
- Shop reputable, familiar stores.
- Make sure you shopping on a secure site.
- Use a multi-layered approach for protecting your PC.( firewall is on, use an anti-virus program, and use an anti-malware program )
- Before you buy, be sure find out specifics such as: packaging costs, delivery costs, when you will be billed for the item, whether you can track your order online, what the return policy is, etc. Always print out a copy of your order for your records.
- Frequently go through your credit card statements carefully to be sure there aren’t charges you didn’t authorize.